Salesforce Lightning, the most recent version of the Salesforce platform, offers a better user experience, increased performance, and additional capabilities that help businesses run more efficiently. This article highlights the main reasons why businesses may want to switch from Salesforce Classic to lightning for Salesforce. It also talks about the various challenges that are faced while migration and what practices can help solve those problems.
- Increased User Engagement: Salesforce Lightning provides a cutting-edge, intuitive, and responsive user experience that boosts user engagement and productivity. Users may utilise Salesforce while on the go since the user interface is mobile device optimised. Users may personalise their experience and only obtain the most necessary information because of the interface’s adaptability.
- Improved Collaboration: New Salesforce Lightning capabilities allow teams to collaborate more efficiently. Chatter, Salesforce’s social collaboration platform, has been enhanced in Lightning with @mentions, real-time alerts, and a more user-friendly layout. This facilitates user engagement and project cooperation.
- Better reporting and dashboards: Salesforce Lightning’s new reporting and dashboard technologies allow customers to build more extensive and customised reports and dashboards. Users may construct dynamic dashboards that display real-time data using the Lightning dashboard builder’s drag-and-drop interface.
- Increasing Performance: Salesforce Lightning performs better than Salesforce Classic. Users will be able to access data more quickly as a consequence of the new architecture’s speed optimisations. As a result, productivity rises and user irritability falls.
Challenges of Migration from Classic to Lightning
Now we are well aware of the reasons to migrate from salesforce classic to salesforce lightning. However, there are many challenges that need to be faced while migration. There are certain practices that must be undertaken to ensure smooth migration. These practices help solve the major testing challenges. Let us talk about these practices in detail.
- Check for lightning preparedness: To understand how your company now uses Salesforce Classic, you must do a complete evaluation of your Salesforce org. This aids in your comprehension of how a Lightning migration would affect the crucial processes of your users. Process variations are possible since some Classic features will not be accessible in Lightning and must be replaced with new features. Readiness audits find unanticipated defects or organisational incompatibility.
- Execute the sandbox migration: You must migrate your org to a sandbox, which Salesforce provides as a test environment and “safe space” for training and experimenting with different configurations, new apps, or big changes to your setup. The sandbox allows key stakeholders and super users to test new features prior to an official launch. Using a sandbox increases your chances of eliminating problems before going live.
- Tests to be performed post migration: One of the most significant benefits of migrating from Classic to Lightning is access to hundreds of new features in the form of seasonal releases. Salesforce seasonal releases, on the other hand, must be properly vetted. Furthermore, testing must be undertaken with each new customisation and integration added to your Salesforce org to guarantee your system is performing as intended. One can take the help of automation testing platforms like Opkey to speed up the migration process from Classic to Salesforce lightning.
Finally, moving from Salesforce Classic to Lightning offers enterprises a number of advantages. The Salesforce platform will be more collaborative, report more effectively, and perform better thanks to Lightning’s enhanced user experience and productivity. Organisations can ensure they are employing the latest features and capabilities, as well as enhancing their business processes, by switching to Lightning. One can understand the speed up the migration to Salesforce Lightning by employing an automation test platform like Opkey. It is a fantastic platform that plays a vital role in boosting the productivity of any automation test software. Both business and technical users may automate application testing using Opkey’s latest no-code test automation platform in hours rather than months. Opkey has emerged as a boon for all automated testing software.